|View Issue Details [ Jump to Notes ] ||[ Issue History ] [ Print ] |
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0012515||Scribus||User Interface||public||2014-07-13 16:16||2014-10-20 14:43|
|Assigned To|| |
|Priority||low||Severity||tweak||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Product Version||1.5.0svn|| |
|Target Version||1.7 milestone||Fixed in Version|| |
|Summary||0012515: Suggestion to improve indication that Scribus is in Master Pages edit mode|
|Description||When I first started using Scribus, I had no idea what master pages were or how to use them. I didn't really know how to distinguish between normal edit mode and master page mode, save for a few indications:|
1) Arrange page window would make it self prominent
2) 'End Edit' button shows up bottom left
3) I would exit the edit mode without making a change and scribus would exit back to the page it was on and I would see nothing, obviously.
My idea would be to make a more noticeable state change when editing in 'Master Page'. Something that would look unintrusive any yet give a more visual confirmation that we are indeed in a Master Page right now.
* Colored vertical bar emphasizing Master Page mode (see attached)
* A semi-transparent diagonal repeating watermark across the background of the canvas saying 'Master Page Mode'
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files|| better-indication-we-are-in-masterpage-mode.png [^] (37,337 bytes) 2014-07-13 16:16