View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0012211||Scribus||Import / Export||public||2014-04-12 05:30||2018-04-30 13:06|
|Platform||x86_64||OS||OpenSUSE 64 Bit||OS Version||13.1|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||1.5.0svn|
|Summary||0012211: Severe issues with ODG file|
|Description||The attached ODG file reveals several issues with the current ODG importer:|
1) While Scribus asks for a font replacement (for a font that's actually installed on the system!), the text isn't imported at all, and neither is the custom style.
2) The ODG file comprises layers, none of which are recognised by Scribus if the document has been *opened* (as opposed to imported).
Currently: Layers are recognized if: * drag/deop text-test.odg in to an empty canvas. * File > Open Layers dont show up if: * drag/drop text-test.odg in to a pre-opened SLA * File > Import > Get Vector File
Per Franz: this Polygon1 is on the Master Page, it is there to handle OOs PageBackground property.
text-test.odg (10,666 bytes)
Just some comments about the issues:
1) Text is imported now, the reason why the importer asks for a replacement is that OO has the font as "Astron Boy" where Scribus has the font as "Astron Boy Regular".
3) this Polygon1 is on the Master Page, it is there to handle OOs PageBackground property.
||The text style is still not imported. Everything else works now.|
The "text style" is actually a subset of the graphics object style. It's called "Meine Vorlage".
In regards to 2)
Layers are recognized:
* drag/deop text-test.odg in to an empty canvas.
* File > Open
Layers dont show up if:
* drag/drop text-test.odg in to a pre-opened SLA
* File > Import > Get Vector File
So what's left is to address:
1a) Font issue has to do with how Scribus recognizes the font name? Do we need to do anything about this?
1b) Style not being imported still looks like an issue
2) I specified in 0012211:0038468 what are the conditions when Layers are recognized and when not. What's the verdict?
3) Do we want to keep the label Polygon for the function that it's used for which is to hold OOs PageBackground property. Can we rename it to that, meaning change Polygon to "PageBackground" so it's more clear?
|2014-04-12 05:30||christoph_s||New Issue|
|2014-04-12 05:30||christoph_s||Status||new => assigned|
|2014-04-12 05:30||christoph_s||Assigned To||=> fschmid|
|2014-04-12 05:30||christoph_s||File Added: text-test.odg|
|2014-04-12 09:43||fschmid||Note Added: 0031678|
|2014-04-12 09:43||fschmid||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2014-04-12 09:43||fschmid||Fixed in Version||=> 1.5.0svn|
|2014-04-12 09:43||fschmid||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-04-12 19:05||christoph_s||Note Added: 0031679|
|2014-04-12 19:05||christoph_s||Status||resolved => assigned|
|2014-04-13 05:35||christoph_s||Note Added: 0031680|
|2014-07-03 19:32||Kunda||Target Version||1.5.0 => 1.5.1|
|2015-11-29 14:06||Kunda||Target Version||1.5.1 => 1.5.2|
|2016-01-23 17:15||cbradney||Target Version||1.5.2 => 1.5.4.svn|
|2016-01-27 21:42||Kunda||Tag Attached: ODF|
|2016-01-27 21:51||Kunda||Patch||=> No|
|2016-01-27 21:51||Kunda||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-27 21:55||Kunda||Note Added: 0038468|
|2016-01-27 21:57||Kunda||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-27 22:01||Kunda||Note Added: 0038469|
|2016-01-27 22:03||Kunda||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-30 23:39||Kunda||Relationship added||related to 0012074|
|2016-01-30 23:39||Kunda||Relationship added||related to 0005179|
|2018-04-30 13:06||jghali||Target Version||1.5.4.svn =>|