View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0012554||Scribus||User Interface||public||2014-07-25 05:03||2016-12-29 23:43|
|Platform||x86_64||OS||OpenSUSE 64 Bit||OS Version||13.1|
|Target Version||1.5.4||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0012554: Improvements to the Context Menu for frames|
|Description||The slimmed-down CM is partially unintuitive and also includes a duplicate:|
1) Text frames: "Copy" is only available in the "Edit" menu, but copying isn't an editing feature. It should be moved to "Contents".
2) Image frames: "Copy" is available both in the "Contents" and in the "Edit" sub-menu.
3) "Clear" in the sub-menu for image frames is also an editing feature, so it should be moved to "Edit".
4) Do we need the plural "Contents" for a frame? IMHO, "Content" is sufficient and semantically correct.
5) After playing a lot with the minimised CM and switching back and forth between keyboard and mouse, I'm missing a "Delete" option in the CM (as opposed to a sub-menu).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Allthough useable, i somehow feel the cm can be improved. Its possible to get where wanted at first or second guess, but it requires a bit more thinking then it idealy should (= none).
Maybe the textes are a bit too generic-general and there should be some more DTP contextual concepts to structure it ?
For 1,2,3 you are confusing the difference between working on the contents of the frame and the frame itself.
For Copy: we have one function for text frames that deals with contents and the frame. For image frames, we have 2 functions
For Clear, is a contents feature.
|2014-07-25 05:03||christoph_s||New Issue|
|2014-07-25 05:03||christoph_s||Status||new => assigned|
|2014-07-25 05:03||christoph_s||Assigned To||=> cbradney|
|2014-07-29 17:48||JLuc||Note Added: 0033077|
|2014-07-29 17:49||JLuc||Note Edited: 0033077||View Revisions|
|2014-09-11 02:44||Kunda||Severity||minor => block|
|2014-10-07 19:11||cbradney||Note Added: 0033918|
|2014-10-21 21:15||cbradney||Target Version||1.5.0 => 1.5.1|
|2016-01-23 17:16||cbradney||Target Version||1.5.1 => 1.5.3|
|2016-12-08 22:04||Kunda||Target Version||1.5.3 => 1.5.4|
||Severity||block => major|