View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0013740ScribusImport / Exportpublic2016-12-08 22:04
Reportertelefleuries Assigned Tofschmid  
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status assignedResolutionopen 
Product Version1.5.1 
Target Version1.5.4Fixed in Version 
Summary0013740: Images inserted as *.xcf exported with black instead of transparency to PDF
DescriptionImages edited with Gimp that have transparency work fine in the UI (you see the background through the transparent parts), work fine when exporting as images, but get exported with a solid black background when exporting to PDF.

i have tried PDF 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6, all to the same effect.
Btw, this also happens on Scribus 1.5.0 (scribus-ng) besides this nightly 1.5.1svn that I report it to.
Steps To Reproduce1. Create an XCF file with Gimp, that contains transparency.
2. Insert that image as XCF into a Scribus document.
3. Export the doc in PDF.

the exported content has black as the transparent background. when exported as image, it works fine as expected.

I used Kubuntu 15.10, which has Gimp 2.8 14 and Okular 0.23.2. Chromium Version 48.0.2564.82 Ubuntu 15.10 (64-bit) does render it just the same.
Additional InformationI have prepared the sample images and a doc to help reproduce. See the files here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4bT_4wglnDobnEyQzdNVmFEeU0&usp=drive_web

In that dir the sample.sla includes both *.png and *.xcf image. The sample.pdf illustrates what I mean.
Tagsupstream
PatchNo

Activities

Kunda

2016-02-14 22:22

manager   ~0038727

What PDF version are you exporting with ?

telefleuries

2016-02-14 22:35

reporter   ~0038729

I added the export of PDF 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 to the sample directory.
Only 1.3 gives correct results.

Kunda

2016-02-14 22:40

manager   ~0038730

Yea.. can confirm weirdness. Thanks for the report @telefleuries.

fschmid

2016-03-05 11:15

administrator   ~0038979

Seems to be a GraphicsMagick bug as calling gm convert on the .xcf gives the same weired result.

Kunda

2016-03-05 15:38

manager   ~0038985

I couldn't find an open bug on this issue upstream

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2016-02-14 22:05 telefleuries New Issue
2016-02-14 22:22 Kunda Note Added: 0038727
2016-02-14 22:35 telefleuries Note Added: 0038729
2016-02-14 22:39 christoph_s Assigned To => fschmid
2016-02-14 22:39 christoph_s Status new => assigned
2016-02-14 22:40 Kunda Note Added: 0038730
2016-02-14 22:41 Kunda Target Version => 1.5.3
2016-03-05 11:15 fschmid Note Added: 0038979
2016-03-05 15:14 Kunda Tag Attached: upstream
2016-03-05 15:38 Kunda Note Added: 0038985
2016-12-08 22:04 Kunda Target Version 1.5.3 => 1.5.4