View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0014790||Scribus||Usability||public||2017-05-02 08:08||2019-08-27 07:45|
|Platform||x64||OS||Linux Mint||OS Version||18 (64bit)|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0014790: Bulleted list -- add custom bullets to the list of the available ones|
|Description||Tested: 1.5.3svn; Linux Mint 18.1|
-- Open new document
-- Press F3 key
-- Add New Paragraph Style
-- Click Paragraph Effect tab
-- Check Bulleted List then click Char Table
-- Chose character (double click then insert)
-- Check "Bulleted List" combo box.
Bullet list not include the chose character.
Same: PP - Text Properties -- Paragraph effects -- Bulleted list
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Tested in LinuxMint 19.1; r23163
Bullet list (combo box list) still not include the selected character, but applicable the selected character.
The bullet list seems applicable.
@PeterBenedek i tried the instruction above and all works ok (now; i think that a bug has been fixed here...)
i don't understand you're latest comment: is everything ok and we can close this ticket?
You can change the "Bullet char(s)", but this character will not become part of the list (combo box list).
Now the list contains three items " • * -- " and it cannot be expanded, the selected character is not added.
Is this correct?
If the answer yes, the ticket can be closed.
if you (manage to) type a letter as the bullet you get the same behavior...
- i'm not sure that i want scribus to automatically add the new "bullets" to the list
- on the other side, you will not add often a new bullet so the list will stay rather short (it's only for the current document for now...)
- also, i managed to crash scribus by applying a style with a custom bullet: adding the new bullets to the list of the available ones might help to get the bullets to work in a more stable way
- also, manually typing a bullet (like copy-pasting) is not well supported (you cannot first delete the current char and then add the new one, which might be disturbing for most users).
for all these reasons i think that we can keep this ticket open and i would welcome (or work on) a patch that
- allows the deletion of the content of the text field
- adds custom chars to the list of the available one
- maybe, allow the user to delete bullets
|2017-05-02 08:08||PeterBenedek||New Issue|
|2019-08-26 17:39||PeterBenedek||Note Added: 0046541|
|2019-08-27 07:00||ale||Note Added: 0046546|
|2019-08-27 07:18||PeterBenedek||Note Added: 0046550|
|2019-08-27 07:44||ale||Note Added: 0046551|
|2019-08-27 07:45||ale||Summary||Bulleted list -- Char table doesn't work => Bulleted list -- add custom bullets to the list of the available ones|