View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0015721||Scribus||User Interface||public||2019-06-20 07:29||2019-06-26 13:49|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0015721: Better label for last "Object > Text frame links > Cut" options|
|Description||As for now, all "Object > Linked text" options act on the link starting *from* the currently selected frame.|
- However this seems simple and logical, i allways believe that the last of these options : "unlink frame and cut text" (translation from french) acts on the link *leading to* the currently selected frame.
- Moreover "cut" usualy means "copy and delete", which is not what happens here to the text.
What is achieved is : "Split", or "Separate" : cut at the end of this frame, unlink link to next frame and copy in the previously linked frame.
Note that the label in the "Object" menu is "Text frame links" so the context is precise allready and there is no need to repeat this context.
- As for the verb : in french i suggest to use "Scinder". in english : "Split".
- As for the place ("leading to" or "starting from") i suggest "après ce cadre", "after this frame"
So i suggest the following changes in the label :
- [FR] "Scinder après ce cadre"
- [EN] "Split after this frame"
In English it's "Unlink Text Frames".
Since this action only works when a text frame is selected, I would suggest, that it should be changed to directly work, when activated.
This means that one should pick a text frame, and "Unlink Text Frames" simply unlinks the frame, without the need of a further click.
Then, the menu entry should be renymed to "Unlink Next Text Frame" (or simply "Unlink")