View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016578||Scribus||Story Editor / Text Frames||public||2021-06-01 14:52||2021-06-01 14:54|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Summary||0016578: Easy « Search *again* »|
|Description||Search now brings the viewport to the found string. Great.|
BUT the search window is on top of the screen and cannot be moved. User has to close the search window so as to see and edit the text.
- Please enable to move the search window outside or on the side of the text view.
- Or enable to close the search parameters pane and just display the "Search", "Substitutes", "Change All" etc buttons bottom bar.
When user closes the search dialog to view and edit the text, there is no way to relaunch the search, but to open the search dialog again and to specify all parameters over again from start on.
- Please enable a keyboard shortcut or UI button to request to "Search Again"
When the search dialog is closed and opened again, it is empty.
- Please enable it to remember previous search options so as to avoid to specify all parameters over again :
- either the full search options should be remembered (that would be very usefull as long as there is no "search again" shortcut),
- or rather just the bottom options "Whole words only" and "Ignore case" (in case there is a "search again" shortcut)
|Tags||No tags attached.|