View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0010792||Scribus||General||public||2012-06-22 23:16||2012-06-23 11:35|
|Summary||0010792: improvements to document setup > sections|
|Description||- if the last existing section starts at the n-th page, it should not be possible to create a new section (so it should not be possible to add a new section if there is only one page in the document)|
- when adding a new section it should automatically start at the page n -1.
- when creating a new section, its values for "style", "field width" and "fill character" should be copied from the (previously) last section
- the "From" and "To" text fields should be replaced by one "Start at" drop down listing all possible pages (not all pages: it should take in consideration the other existing sections; so if there are three sections, the second section can't start at the first page nor at the page n; the first section always starts at the first page, no need for a dropdown)
one big question: what happens when pages get deleted?
- if a section gets deleted, should there be a warning or should scribus silently remove that section that now does not have any pages anymore?
on top of it, there is a bug in the current implementation
- when creating a new section, the "field width" field is automatically set to 467...
|Tags||No tags attached.|
cezary, i've assigned it to you, since you are currently working on this dialog... as usual: if you have no interest / time to work on it, just deassign the task. (or better, in this case assign it to me!)
||btw, it's not necessary to modify the way the sections are stored in the file or the internal structure... just the dialog :-)|