View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0015507||Scribus||-||public||2018-12-14 16:38||2018-12-14 18:16|
|Summary||0015507: chain frames, do not link them|
|Description||in the UI there the terms "link" and "chain" are both used to get text frame chained together.|
i suggest that only "chain" is to be used in the UI.
this affects (among others):
- the tooltip in the two toolbar buttons
- the menu entry (and its submenu) in "Item"
i would simplify it in:
- Text Chains
- Chain Frames
- Unchain Frames
- Unchain and Cut
- the info in the context menu (the type becomes "linked text"
- the action history (the action is "link text frame"
- insert > frames > options
- the tooltip on the text overflow mark
this would free the term "link" for clickable links (and avoid that people confuse them)
|Tags||No tags attached.|