View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016197||Scribus||Story Editor / Text Frames||public||2020-07-29 20:20||2020-08-06 17:25|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0016197: RTL in the text ruler: tabs and margins|
|Description||for RTL text, the ruler correctly counts from right to left.|
but the tabs do not work and the left / right margins are inversed.
i'm working on a patch to fix this.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
i got the tabs to work.
the margins do not work yet, but during the testing i'm doing the following changes:
- when the left / right text margin is "not set" do not show the frame marings (the one marked with [ ])
- when grabbing the rulers items, first grab the text margins and then the frame margins.
the behavior of the margins feels strange and further changes might be needed.
- [x] instead of using blue marks, make the background white (Window) and the foreground black (Text)
- [ ] highlight the margin marks on mouse over
- [ ] increase the width area for selecting the margin marks
- [ ] the frame margin is always available in the middle. in the higher and the lower part only if the margin marks are far enough.
- [ ] when moving the left margin, the first line indent also moves
- [ ] snap to 0 and end
- [ ] snap the first line to the left margin
- [ ] don't let the tabs get too close to 0
- [ ] in text frames with multiple columns, only show the values for the current column
- except for the left / right frame spacing
- (since tabs and indents are paragraph based it does not make sense to show the current tabs and indents in other columns)
- [ ] simplify the scales in unitChange()
- [x] do not show the numbers in the "page rule" when the text is being edited (only show numbers in the text part)
- [ ] do not show all black at very low zoom levels (< 3%)
(basically, i'm copying how it works in libreoffice...)
patch will follow as soon as it is ready.
- in unitChange(), what should the values for m_iter and m_labelScale be, when sc < 0.1?
|2020-07-29 20:20||ale||New Issue|
|2020-07-29 20:23||ale||Note Added: 0047889|
|2020-07-30 11:42||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-07-30 13:46||ale||Summary||RTL in the text ruler: tabs an margins => RTL in the text ruler: tabs and margins|
|2020-07-30 14:20||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-07-30 15:41||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-07-31 06:00||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-08-06 12:19||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-08-06 12:33||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|
|2020-08-06 17:25||ale||Note Edited: 0047889||View Revisions|