View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016541||Scribus||Printing||public||2021-04-08 06:57||2021-04-15 20:37|
|Platform||Linux (AppImage)||OS||MX Linux||OS Version||19.4 Patito Feo|
|Fixed in Version||1.5.7.svn|
|Summary||0016541: Minor issues regarding print seperations|
|Description||While working on a document for pre-press :-|
1) In 'Setup Printer' dialogue, on the option tab, a document can be printed normally, or with color separation. When 'Print Separation' is selected, we can select which color is to be separated. There are four options - All, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow. But there is no Black option. So, black color cannot be separated individually.
2) In the above options of selecting colors, if 'All' is selected, Scribus prints a color separated postscript file, that has Black, Cyan and Magenta separations, but no Yellow separation.
|Steps To Reproduce||First issue :|
1. Create a CMYK document by toggling color management on.
2. Include some colored images in it.
3. Click on the print option on the ribbon.
3. In the 'Setup Printer' dialogue, go to option tab. In the upper left list, select 'Print Seperations'.
4. The list for selecting color is enabled. There is no 'Black' option.
Second issue :
1. In the above list of color separations, select 'All' option.
2. Print the document to file by selecting the desired destination. A .ps file will be printed with separations.
3. There is no color separation for Yellow color in the printed file.
|Tags||appimage, CMYK, color management, print problem|
1) Yep, indeed the black color was missing in separation combobox, this issue is now fixed
2) I did a test and could not reproduce. The order in which separations are outputted is : Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, then spot colors.
To verify the second issue again, I created a test document and saved it as PDF/x-a, with printer mode, then I reopened it again to print the postscript separations. I found that when I print the all separations including spot color, it does skip the spot color itself..! If I delete the circle of spot color, and then print the separations, then it skips yellow...! I am sharing my test documents.
Document-1.pdf (781,670 bytes)
Document-1.pdf(converted)(No Test Spot Color).ps (8,691 bytes)
Document-1.pdf(converted)(with Test Spot Color).ps (13,163 bytes)
||After doing a test, I realized that both of your issues are in fact related. I was not able to reproduce your second issue because fixing the first one also fixed the second. So your second issue is in fact also fixed now.|
|2021-04-08 06:57||abhidesh128||New Issue|
|2021-04-08 06:57||abhidesh128||Tag Attached: appimage|
|2021-04-08 06:57||abhidesh128||Tag Attached: CMYK|
|2021-04-08 06:57||abhidesh128||Tag Attached: color management|
|2021-04-08 06:57||abhidesh128||Tag Attached: print problem|
|2021-04-08 17:56||jghali||Note Added: 0049087|
|2021-04-09 02:25||abhidesh128||Note Added: 0049088|
|2021-04-09 02:25||abhidesh128||File Added: Document-1.pdf|
|2021-04-09 02:25||abhidesh128||File Added: Document-1.pdf(converted)(No Test Spot Color).ps|
|2021-04-09 02:25||abhidesh128||File Added: Document-1.pdf(converted)(with Test Spot Color).ps|
|2021-04-09 17:39||jghali||Note Added: 0049089|
|2021-04-09 17:39||jghali||Assigned To||=> jghali|
|2021-04-09 17:39||jghali||Status||new => resolved|
|2021-04-09 17:39||jghali||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2021-04-09 17:39||jghali||Fixed in Version||=> 1.5.7.svn|
|2021-04-15 20:37||cbradney||Status||resolved => closed|