View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0010316||Scribus||User Interface||public||2011-10-12 21:57||2011-10-12 22:24|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0010316: Importing an SLA doc with linked text frames|
|Description||I'm working with linked text frames document.|
Each page is made of one text frame that is linked to the previous and next one.
There are images spread accross the whole document.
When importing such a document at the end of another one, the pages are created well in place, and the images frames are layed out ok, but things go wrong with linked text frames.
- on each page, 2 text frames are created instead of one, sometime at the same place, sometime at a slightly different place.
- Only ONE of the set of text frames are linked. The other one are not linked.
- Bad luck : the text appears only in one of the 2 first page frames : in the not linked one. So all other pages are empty.
Solution is to :
- unlink first (empty) frame
- link with-text first frame to previously-second linked text frame
It does not seem to be related to the masterpages that are identical and do not feature such a text frame.
Looking at the history window I discover a line : "doc : adding pages" + a lot of lines creating new text frames : all the frames are being created. BUT the frame numbering in the outline window and in the history window show that "doc : adding pages" allready has created the copied frames. That's why frames are there twice.
I tried to reproduce using a simple 3 page SLA document, but the problem didnt arose in the same way : the copied pages featured NON LINKED frames, this is same problem, but there was not a second linked frame on each frame as in my reallife situation.
|Steps To Reproduce||This reproduces the last paragraph only :|
- Create a (facing pages) doc with 3 pages, each with an empty text frame
- link the 3 text frames
- fill with lorem
- save as foo.sla
- save as bar.sla
- import foo.sla at the end of bar.sla
-> imported frames are not linked
This will show the "copied frames are not linked" problem. However it will not show the "frames are copied twice" problem.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
bar.sla (26,779 bytes)
||Note : in the complex "frames are copied twice, once linked, once not, once with text, once without", i notice also that the masterpage elements are not copied on the inserted pages.|
||Duplicate of 0008056|
|2011-10-12 21:57||JLuc||New Issue|
|2011-10-12 21:57||JLuc||File Added: bar.sla|
|2011-10-12 22:11||JLuc||Note Added: 0027012|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Note Added: 0027013|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Relationship added||duplicate of 0008056|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Status||new => resolved|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Assigned To||=> jghali|
|2011-10-12 22:24||jghali||Status||resolved => closed|