View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003992||Scribus||Printing||public||2006-07-08 02:59||2008-12-21 23:59|
|OS||Gentoo Linux||OS Version||2006.0|
|Summary||0003992: Scribus ignores printer options|
|Description||Scribus ignores the printer options which are set in File -> Print... -> Button "Options" in the frame "Printer selection".|
I've set standard options for cups with lpoptions, among others lpoptions -o number-up=2.
When I choose "1 page per sheet" ("1 Seite pro Blatt" in the German version) in the printer options dialog it should call cups (lp) with the option -o number-up=1 but instead the page is printed with my standard option -o number-up=2.
Workaround at least for KDE users is using kprinter as an alternative printing command.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Switch to a console (bash)|
2. Enter the command `lpoptions -o media=A4 -o outputorder=reverse -o number-up=2 -o prettyprint=true" (I guess -o number-up=2 should be sufficient)
3. In Scribus open the print dialog (File -> Print... or the print button)
4. Press button "Options" in the frame "Printer selection"
5. Choose "1 pager per sheet" (I don't know how it's named correctly in the English version)
6. Press button "OK" of course ;-)
7. Press button "Print"
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Just wanted to ask about the state of this bug.
This bug is still present in Scribus 18.104.22.168 after 2 1/2 years, and it's really annoying, escpecially because I can't use kprinter anymore due to a switch from KDE to Xfce.
It would be nice, if this bug could be fixed.