View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016443||Scribus||Story Editor / Text Frames||public||2021-01-24 03:19||2021-01-24 20:17|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows||OS Version||7 SP1|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||1.5.7.svn|
|Summary||0016443: Linked text boxes: text re-starts from beginning when text is displaced entirely from one of the linked boxes|
|Description||In a chain of three linked text frames the text restarts from the beginning in a third text box when text is displaced completely from the second text frame by an image frame floating on top instead of continuing from where it stopped in the first text frame. See attached file for a repro.|
|Steps To Reproduce||See attached file for a repro.|
Manual repro (if not using attached file):
0) Create a file with three pages
1) Place a text frame on each page
2) Link all three text frames in the chain from page 1 to page 2 to page 3
3) Place a long multi-paragraph text in the first text frame using Story Editor. Make sure that paragraphs are longer than one line. The text will overflow from page 1 to page 2 to page 3 as expected
4) Do not assign any orphan/widow control to the paragraph style yet - make sure no orphan/widow controls are on!
5) Add an image box to page 2
6) Configure image box so that text flows around the shape of this image box. The text on page 2 will flows around the image as expected
7) Enlarge the image box on page 2 so that it occupies the entire page, including margins and bleeds. The text will be displaced entirely from the text frame of page 2 and will overflow and continue on page 3 from page 1, as expected (at this point text frame on page 2 is effectively doing nothing, which is what we want).
8) Change the orphan/widow control for default paragraph style to either "don't separate first 1 line" or "do not split the paragraph". Apply changes. Now the text in text frame on page 3 will restart from the beginning of the text on page 1, making page 3 look exactly like page 1 instead of continuing the text from page 1. Notice that "don't separate last 1 lines" does not lead to the problem, only first lines or entire paragraph.
Linked text frames trouble.sla (20,692 bytes)
||i can confirm the issue with scribus1.5.7.svn-r24369.|
Please try it: Press Enter the end of last "paragraph". The fault is disappear.
Seems, this fault is related the missing "end of character" (in the Scribus the last paragraph is not paragraph): 0016084
EndOfParagraph.gif (247,758 bytes)
EndOfParagraph.gif (247,758 bytes)
you're right, it looks as it's related to 0016084 – one more reason to look closer at this 'end of paragraph' issue.
how do other programs handle this?
||I watched jghali's patch and seems I was wrong, it isn't related to 0016084 (only it is similar), therefore I delete the related ticket.|
|2021-01-24 03:19||regus_pregus||New Issue|
|2021-01-24 03:19||regus_pregus||Tag Attached: text frames|
|2021-01-24 03:19||regus_pregus||File Added: Linked text frames trouble.sla|
|2021-01-24 07:51||utnik||Note Added: 0048745|
|2021-01-24 08:05||PeterBenedek||Note Added: 0048746|
|2021-01-24 08:10||PeterBenedek||File Added: EndOfParagraph.gif|
|2021-01-24 08:12||PeterBenedek||File Deleted: EndOfParagraph.gif|
|2021-01-24 08:14||PeterBenedek||File Added: EndOfParagraph.gif|
|2021-01-24 08:44||utnik||Note Added: 0048747|
|2021-01-24 08:44||utnik||Relationship added||related to 0016084|
|2021-01-24 08:47||utnik||Relationship added||related to 0013135|
|2021-01-24 14:36||jghali||Priority||urgent => normal|
|2021-01-24 16:59||jghali||Assigned To||=> jghali|
|2021-01-24 16:59||jghali||Status||new => resolved|
|2021-01-24 16:59||jghali||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2021-01-24 16:59||jghali||Fixed in Version||=> 1.5.7.svn|
|2021-01-24 20:16||PeterBenedek||Note Added: 0048752|
|2021-01-24 20:17||PeterBenedek||Relationship deleted||related to 0016084|
|2021-01-24 20:17||PeterBenedek||Relationship deleted||related to 0013135|