View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008919||Scribus||public||2010-03-10 12:08||2016-03-08 05:59|
|Summary||0008919: PDF objects on master page aren't generated as PDF form fields and their PDF properties cannot be set|
|Description||It is not possible to set the PDF field properties on a master page. Nor are the PDF fields in the resulting PDF recognized as PDF fields by Acrobat.|
0002412:0006067 suggests this could be the correct behavior, but I wonder.
I use Scribus to create a PDF with form fields which can be filled by another application. The application maps the PDF fields to it's variables and uses the PDF as a sort of template to generate pre-filled PDF documents.
I wish to have some fields occurring on exactly the same spot on every page to print a date and time. A master page would be the ideal solution to do this.
Now it's confusing because I am allowed to add PDF objects to a master page, but their behavior in the end result is not being a PDF object anymore.
If this behavior is by design and cannot be changed to the expected behavior then my suggestion would be to disallow adding PDF objects to a master page.
|Steps To Reproduce||* Create a new document;|
* Choose Edit > Master Pages to start editing a master page;
* Make sure the PDF toolbar is available by setting menu windows > PDF Tools;
* Select "PDF Field" from the PDF Toolbar;
* Draw the field anywhere on the canvas;
* Open the context menu (right click) of the newly created object and goto PDF Options;
* Context menu is empty and field properties can not be selected.
|Additional Information||Is definitely related to issue 0002412 but not per se a duplicate of it.|
Could be a child of meta issues 0003831 and/or 0003837.
|Tags||No tags attached.|